Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"You Go, Girl!"

I've gotten pretty sloppy at keeping up my exercise routine these last few weeks. I sort of lost focus once I'd hit the 3-mile point. Although I have the 5K in about 7-8 weeks, I haven't figure out quite how to prepare for it from here. Although I can run 3-miles, I can't consistently do it, and I don't want race day to be an "off" day where I can't finish. I need to do some research on that to figure it out.

This morning, I forced myself to get out there and run, and got about 2 miles in before I slowed to a walk. As I approached the 1.5 mile mark, I was having an internal debate, trying to decide if I should stop there or go for the full 3 miles. As I jogged and debated, a cyclist passed me and called out "You Go, Girl!" A perfect stranger who decided to cheer me on gave me a boost of determination to keep going. I didn't make 3 miles today, but I felt good about sticking it out a little longer.

Random acts of kindness are a gift! Thank you, Ms. Cyclist, you made my day.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great to have people cheer you on. I go on so many runs where I wouldn't have pushed through without the help of a kind stranger. Keep up the running! And, if you need some advice on how to train for your 5k, check out Runnersworld.com.

    ReplyDelete