Friday, June 19, 2009

Frequent Flyer

Recently I realized that it's been more than a year since I've been on an airplane. This is rather unusual for me. I love traveling and usually find myself compelled to get out of town at least a couple times a year. I guess I've been sort of distracted by a little thing called grad school.

However, that being the case, I have some flexibility this summer and I blocked out two full weeks for a vacation in August. In January, I plan to be back to work full-time, so for at least a short while after that, I will have less flexibility (read: vacation time) and I therefore decided there's no time like the present.

So I bought plane tickets.

And then I panicked.

What on earth am I doing spending hundreds of dollars on plane tickets on my budget? Am I crazy?

In a conversation with a friend, I told her I was having buyer's remorse over my non-refundable purchase. Being the good friend she is, she talked me out of it. The regret, that is. I had already explained to her that my plans included traveling to three states to visit family and good friends. She pointed out that by choosing to spend my money to invest in people and relationships, I was investing in something good.

With that... a weight lifted, and the vacation planning fun begins. :)
--
Originally posted at: http://rebeccasmiscellanies.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment