Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th!

Best 4th so far: watched fireworks on the deck of the USS Midway, an aircraft carrier museum in San Diego. Definitely on my "things to do again" list.























This is me with my friend Rebecca checking out some of the museum's aircraft before dark. This was a helicopter that was involved in the recovery of several Apollo Missions.

























Yes, actually, I thought it was funny to sit IN the airplane's engine for a photo. Even better? Nobody stopped me.





























"... and the rocket's red glare,
the bombs bursting in air,
gave proof through the night
that our flag was still there."

Happy Birthday, United States!

--
Originally posted at: http://rebeccasmiscellanies.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment