Saturday, February 26, 2011

Photography Project #1: Creation

Through my church, I joined a photography class/Bible study that meets once a week for 12 weeks, hosted by my friend Kristin. Kristin's photographs are spectacular, so this was a great opportunity to get some tips from a pro. :) Anyway, each week we are discussing that week's sermon and are getting photography assignments that are related. The Week #1 assignment (due February 14, so I'm a little behind on posting) was Creation, and I thought it would be fun to share the view through my lens.

My subject was this lovely California Poppy. Poppies don't bloom every year, so I consider it a special treat when they pop up, and they had just started showing up the week this was taken. Here's my photo straight out of the camera:


Then I tinkered with it, boosting the color and adding a filter to just the background, which distorted it somewhat. I had hoped my original would have more blurriness, but I need to work on my technique a bit (either that or I'm going to need a different lens.)


Last, but not least, I make a scrapbook page. I probably wouldn't have for this photo, but this scrapbook kit called "Where Poppies Bloom" came out the same weekend that I shot this photo, so it seemed like it was meant to be. :)



-- Originally posted at: http://rebeccasmiscellanies.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment