Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Incoherent

I'm having one of those days. I'm not sure if I woke up during the wrong part of a sleep cycle, or just too early, but I feel like I'm still half asleep. I've had two giant cups of coffee and a diet coke with absolutely no effect. Seeing as how I've gotten absolutely nothing done today, I probably should have just gone back to bed.

But I just couldn't let myself do that either, I have way too much to do. It's crunch time of the semester, and there are not enough hours in the day to get it all done. So when I woke up, I started my day. I kept thinking this fog would shake off with enough time and caffeine. Not so much. My brain seems incapable of making sense of the material I'm trying to review for tonight's class, despite not being baffled by last week's lecture on the topic.

I know that I don't function well when I don't get enough sleep, so I generally try not to short myself on purpose. Being a morning person, it's not a good sign that I've been this incoherent all day, because as the afternoon and evening roll on, this is not likely to improve.

I just realized I forgot to go to the gym this morning. It's just one of those days, I guess.

--
Originally posted at: http://rebeccasmiscellanies.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment