Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Month of Sundays

I missed church a lot in October. I went to a wedding one Sunday, was out of town the next, and walked in the Race for the Cure on the third Sunday, the last being an event I do every year. Although I made it back to church last Sunday for the first time in a month, I had volunteer responsibilities. Today, I was able to simply be at church, enjoying the worship, hearing the teaching, and indulging in some coffee, fellowship, and a lesson about the Reformation in Sunday School after the service.

I remember thinking a month ago, that it felt kind of good to have a break. I am usually volunteering in one way or another at least 1-2 times a month, and sometimes church feels like a duty and not a joy. But today, it was so good to be back and just soak in all the goodness of being part of it. It is good to give, but it is a blessing to receive.

--
Originally posted at: http://rebeccasmiscellanies.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got to relax and take in a service. I bet it did wonders for your soul!

    ReplyDelete