Monday, November 9, 2009

Thank you for your payment

I made my last payment to San Diego State this morning. I think. I hope. I can't believe I'm going to be finished next month!! People keep saying, "Wow, that's fast!" to which I can only reply: "I know!" Trust me, it's gone by quickly. Why is it that when I thought about what 18 months was going to feel like at the beginning, it seemed like forever, but now it feels like that was yesterday?

So I've decided I'm not going to attend graduation. They don't hold a ceremony in December, so I'd have to wait until May. I'm realizing this is the second time I'm graduating in December, as I finished my Calvin degree then, too. Amidst all the holiday stuff, it's hard for it to not get lost in the other seasonal festivities. At Calvin, I actually walked in the May graduation before I finished, so getting my degree was sort of a non-event. Although I did get some cool presents, including a Calvin Alumni t-shirt I still have to this day. :)

Last week was "grad fest" at the bookstore, so I checked out all the (expensive) extras: graduation announcements, diploma frames, class rings. I've always wanted one of those super-fancy diploma frames, and Calvin has them, too. Now I need two of them. Maybe I'll wait until I actually have some wall space to hang them on, but wouldn't these look nice on that imaginary wall? (Links for the curious: Calvin frame here and SDSU frame here.)

I may eventually indulge in these, but I think I'm going to forgo the other extras. Instead, the money I'm saving is going towards the big party I'm having in January. Doesn't that sound like more fun than sitting through a long graduation ceremony?






--
Originally posted at: http://rebeccasmiscellanies.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, a party does sound like more fun. And yes, I can't believe this is coming to an end too! Good job. I hope it pays off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and Rebo, I wrote the post on the giveaways, because I saw that you posted. I did do it last year, but I don't subscribe to a feed or anything and forgot all about it until you mentioned it. Man, does time fly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Rebecca! This must be a wonderful feeling! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete