Tuesday, March 22, 2011

30 days of blogging, day 6: Favorite Movie

On the original list that inspired this project, this subject was plural, but I wouldn't even know where to start a list of movies because I don't see a lot of movies, and I see very few that make a huge impact on me. I had a similar problem when I tried to make a top ten books list, and I could only get to five even though I read a LOT of books! However, last Friday night I had a conversation with some people about favorite movies, and that's an easy one for me. My most favorite movie is When Harry Met Sally.

When this movie was released in 1989 I wasn't old enough to see it, so it wasn't until after college that I was introduced to it by an ex-boyfriend (of all people) who insisted my life wasn't complete without this movie. I will concede he was right on that point, among most others that... well, nevermind.

I've lost count how many times I've watched this movie. Who can forget the funny scene about the wagon wheel coffee table? Or the final scene of the movie when Harry professes his love? The soundtrack recorded by Harry Connick Jr.? Or the deli scene and the famous punchline: "I'll have what she's having."???? I think Harry's assertion at the beginning of the movie that "men and women can't be friends" is probably one that people still debate today, some agreeing, some not.

Anybody want to chime in on that one? I'll start: I think Harry was right.

-- Originally posted at: http://rebeccasmiscellanies.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. I'm with Harry on that one, too. I'm laughing out loud at this post, Rebo! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a hilarious movie, and one of the few I own. Good taste!

    ReplyDelete