Wednesday, July 27, 2011

30 days of blogging, day 10: Bible Verse

Like so many things on any "favorites" list, this one seems to change a lot for me. In fact, when I started this project, I included Psalm 23:4 on the list of 15 things about me, because it was important to me at the time. More recently, I've been thinking about this verse a lot, Ephesians 2:10 -


For we are God’s handiwork,
created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do.


I've been doing some reading about spiritual gifts because of my work at church, and this verse is in the curriculum for the class I led a couple weeks ago. What this verse says, I can't truly comprehend. The first part is the easy part: "we are God's handiwork, created... to do good works." It's the second part that is beyond my understanding: "which God prepared in advance for us to do."

Why is this so unbelievable? Because it says that the God of the universe has such a detailed plan that He has prepared in advance specific tasks for His children to accomplish. Sometimes I find it hard to think that God, who surely must have many, many important things demanding his attention, has a plan specifically for me. Me?? Really?? Slowly, He's been teaching me this lesson (or perhaps more accurately, it's been slowly sinking in) - and for that, I am thankful.

-- Originally posted at: http://rebeccasmiscellanies.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment