Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday

For those keeping track, I've overlooked posting for Thankful Thursday not once but twice. Ooops. Guess it takes a while to develop a habit!

This week, I'm thankful for a new opportunity to participate at my church by singing with the praise team. Last night, I went to my first rehearsal, and will sing with the team this Sunday. One of the reasons I've loved doing this in the past was the extra opportunity to spend some time in worship during rehearsal.

When I was growing up, our church sang from hymnals. I can remember loving to sing from a very young age. I listened to "Psalty" tapes endlessly. Now my worship music collection fills more than one visor CD holder in my car. Actually, that's one of the reasons I was invited to consider joining the praise team. Danae, one of my church friends who is involved with worship planning, was carpooling with me and she noticed my worship music addiction... er, collection. Dontcha just love it when something like that happens?

OK, one more funny story... I mentioned to my friend Randy that I was going to start singing at church. Obviously, my choice of words was wrong... although he fully knew my meaning was that I would be starting to sing on the praise team, he couldn't help responding, "Well, I hope you've been singing all along." Thanks, smart aleck.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Rebo! I'm sure you will like getting involved in that way. Good luck, Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome,
    Randy the "Smart Aleck"

    ReplyDelete