Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Retail Therapy

I know I've been absent from blogging for a couple of weeks. Without being too detailed or depressing, let's just say that issues with my job are getting me down... again... and I just haven't really known what to write about. It's a slow day at the office again today, here I am blogging and it's not even 9 am yet.

OK, so yesterday, I drowned my sorrows in a little retail therapy. The $20 was worth it, I found a great new top for work. Didn't find what I went for which was new pants for work, but well, that was a long shot anyway.

However, on Monday, I took the day off to have a 3-day weekend, and my route took me past a shopping center I haven't been by in a while. I was so excited to see the words "Pottery Barn" getting hung on a retail building right next to the freeway!! Oh, is my wallet in trouble. Because this particular shopping area is an outlet center!!

I have a little Pottery Barn.... ummm... problem. I don't usually spend a lot of money there, but I could browse for a long time, just taking in everything. And for a few years now, I've been collecting dishes from their Sausalito line. Also, with the nearest locations about 50-55 miles in any direction from my house, this one will be about half that far away, and did I mention it's an outlet??

I can't wait until they open...

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got a little shoppin in. It's always fun to get a little somthin now and then.

    Thank you also for the very nice note on my blog and card for Katie. The girls had fun today using the stickers (Katie was a little reluctant to share with her sister). Right now stickers are one of her favorite things too. She likes to stick them EVERYWHERE (kitchen counters, TV, drawers). You really know how to support a habit! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete