Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho...

... you know the rest! I started working part time today for a friend from church. He has a new company he's started, importing custom manufacturing projects from China, Thailand and Vietnam. Sounds interesting! And I can't help but acknowledge that this work opportunity was providentially arranged... it got around the church grapevine that I was laid off and looking for work, and I got a phone call inviting me to learn more. The hours are flexible, so it should be a great arrangement for the fall, when I hope to start graduate classes.

No official word yet from the university, but I hope to hear sometime this week. Now that it's been 4 weeks of the 4-6 they estimated, I'm beginning to get anxious. I'm not so much worried I won't be accepted at the moment, I'm just eager to have it decided so I can make plans for the fall.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Hope it is a good fit. It sounds interesting, and a nice break from the marketing deal. Hope you had a good trip, and that you hear from the school soon.

    ReplyDelete