Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Home again

Oh, I love vacations. Seriously, it's those times away from the routine that make me wish for 2-day workweeks and 5-day weekends. I'd be broke but happy. I need to find work I can do from a laptop on the beach. That's the ticket.

Last week was wonderful! There was even some decent weather to be had, with temperatures in the 70's some days, and the rain held off so we didn't get wet on graduation day.

In Grinnell, Iowa, I visited friends Ben & Janice and their children Katie & Luke. We spent a lot of time playing in the park down the street from their house and in the backyard. The kids enjoyed riding their bikes, too. We squeezed in a quick visit to Pella which was still bright with blossoming tulips from the Tulip Time festival the previous weekend.

Then it was on to Rochester, MN to visit Dave, Sarah & Ella. Dave had to work, but we girls shopped until we dropped at the Mall of America, and we all made wishes when we threw pennies in the fountain. Rochester is home to a traditional Dutch Pannekoeken restaurant, so we tried that, too. Yumm!!!!

Last, but not least, I traveled to Sanborn, IA where our family stayed for the weekend so we could attend Dordt College's graduation in nearby Sioux Center. All 15 of us stayed together in a big 4 bedroom house, making for lots of fun family time, great food, card playing and relaxing together. It was great fun to see some of my far-away cousins and their little ones who are growing up WAY too fast. Thank goodness for blogs and e-mails and digital pictures.

Speaking of which... I'll keep this short on actual words, and let these photos do the rest of the talking.

Tulips in Pella, Iowa











Playground fun in Grinnell, Iowa











Make a Wish!











Pannekoeken Restaurant in Rochester with Sarah VB











Smarty pants is the one with the silly hat. Me with my cousins at graduation. (From left, Jane, me, David and Gina)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had fun. I LOVE that little red number you were wearing! Tres chic!

    ReplyDelete