Friday, January 1, 2010

No more New Year's resolutions

I never do very well at New Year's resolutions, so this year I'm trying something different: daily resolutions. Maybe not every day. Maybe a lot of days the resolution will be the same as the day before or last Tuesday or every day for the last month. So what. Today will be different because I will resolve to do something that will better my life.

Starting with... I'm going to take action today that will help me lose weight and be healthier. I joined Weight Watchers in September of 2007. A year ago, after 15 months, I'd lost 55 pounds. Wow. Very impressive. Today, after 27 months, I've gained 25 back. UGH!!!! (There are just no pretty words to describe that!!) From today, I want to lose 52 pounds. But I know that I will be completely overwhelmed by trying to lose 52 pounds. So for this week, I'm going to try to lose 1 pound.

Today, to work towards that goal, I'm going to to to the gym and eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables. And I'm going to try and make the rest of the Christmas cookies last longer than 5 minutes.

--
Originally posted at: http://rebeccasmiscellanies.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Oh Rebo, I love it! I'm doing something similar. I started out having no resolutions, but led to several...only to fail at all. So, I just decided to try everyday to become a better person (after all isn't that what God calls us to do). Every day is a fresh start, there are no mistakes (isn't that close to a Anne of Green Gables phrase?) Good luck. I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete