I know, right? 30 days of blogging? If I actually do that, I think I might have posted more in 2011 than I did in 2010 ALL YEAR. (OK, not quite. I just checked.) One of the digi scrap designers is doing this on her blog, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm not going to do 30 consecutive days, though, but rather use these as prompts to just write something a few times a week.
Day 1 - Post a recent photo and 15 things about me.
1. This photo was taken in December 2010, so it qualifies as recent. But I had my hair cut on Monday.
2. You can't see the totally awesome necklace I'm wearing, but I assure you: It's awesome. I wear it almost daily. (Vintage Silver Charms Necklace from The Vintage Pearl, with the letter "R" of course!)
3. This verse is important to me today: "Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." - Psalm 23:4
4. I heart Starbucks. I know, I know. But their coffee really is very, very good.
5. Yesterday, the weather here (near San Diego) was outrageously gorgeous. Like around 75 degrees. I met a friend for coffee and we sat in the sun for 2 hours catching up. It was awesome. My sincere condolences to those of you reading this in the midst of a very cold and snowy winter. Having spent 10 winters in the frozen tundra of West Michigan, I sympathize with you; but not enough to move back.
6. I like Disneyland. A lot. I have an annual pass and I'm not afraid to use it.
7. In my free time, I like to take pictures and scrapbook digitally and tinker a bit with design.
8. Things I never thought I'd do: work at a church. But I love it. Probably the best job I've ever had. I've been known to say that the only thing that would make my job better is if there was a Starbucks on the way (see #4.)
9. The last book I read was The Help by Kathryn Stockett. This book is highly recommended, and it's so good that I really should get back to blogging about the books I read. I'm in a book group with other women at church and we read two books a month. I love it because I read lots of things I would never have picked up otherwise.
10. Hello, my name is Rebecca, and I'm addicted to travel. Where should I go next? Suggestions welcome. Invitations to crash at your place would be great. If you live in a foreign country, even better; my passport needs some exercise.
11. For that matter, I could use some exercise. But we'll talk about that later.
12. I have a ridiculously big extended family. I didn't know this was unusual until I became an adult. I thought everyone had 9 aunts and uncles and 15 first cousins. My first cousins now have a total of 13+ kids of their own. These numbers do not include spouses, by the way.
13. I have a thing for Gino's East pizza from Chicago. It's the best.
14. I have a smartphone, but it isn't very smart. Maybe one day I'll be one of the cool kids and have an Android or iPhone.
15. I like sunsets and long romantic walks on the beach. Oh wait, that's a different list.
-- Originally posted at: http://rebeccasmiscellanies.blogspot.com/