Monday, January 17, 2011

"Babo"

So, the little guy, my nephew Charlie, has started consistently referring to me by the same name. Around him, the family refers to me as "Auntie Rebo," a name first bestowed on me by my friend Sarah when her son Aaron was born. Charlie's 2-year-old interpretation of Auntie Rebo? "Babo."

(My mom keeps mistakenly saying "Bobo," which I keep reminding her isn't quite the same. (Link to Wikipedia for just one of many articles about "Bobo.")

I haven't quite figured out yet if he uses this because he can't say "R" yet, or if it's just his preference. Actually, I don't care much because it's pretty cute that he has a name just for me. One more reason to spoil him rotten.

-- Originally posted at: http://rebeccasmiscellanies.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment