Sunday, November 18, 2007

Meeting Julia

Yesterday, I left Chicago and drove to Michigan. My first stop: visiting my new cousin Julia and her mom and dad. Her mom Jane and I go way back - I go back a little farther as her mom likes to remind me when my birthday rolls around - as we were born mere weeks apart. At the moment, she and her husband Zach are living in Grand Rapids, MI, a former hometown of mine as well.

Today, Julia was baptized, and I was privileged that I was able to be present for this special occasion. I enjoyed Jane's fabulous cooking, including made-from-scratch Tiramisu (mmmm!!!) and some challenging games of Settlers of Catan. I think I managed to squeak out one win, but lost miserably on my other attempts. It was a great relaxing Sunday, and I got lots of time to hang out and cuddle my new little cousin!


No comments:

Post a Comment