Monday, November 26, 2007

Play-Doh 101 with Kyra and Katie

For several days last week, I stayed with friends Kevin & Sarah and their cute girls Kyra and Katie. Sarah is definitely blessed with the gift of hospitality and I always feel welcome in their home!

Over the last few days, the girls and I have become great friends. I've had plenty of free time to play Ring around the Rosie, Tag, Hide and Seek, enjoy the cooking from Kyra's playroom kitchen, and on Friday we got to play with Play-Doh! I can't even remember the last time I got my hands on some Play-Doh!! Sarah also blogged about my visit, and there's a fun picture of the three of us and our Play-Doh creations. Unfortunately, the destruction of said creations was unannounced and I missed the opportunity to capture them on my camera!

Katie and Kyra are such happy and fun-loving little girls, and not being a parent myself, I really enjoyed the chance to be a kid again myself and chase after them through the house. I already can't wait until the next time.

Saturday I said a tearful goodbye to them, and headed back to Chicago to catch my Sunday flight home... after another tearful goodbye at the O'Hare curb. This trip was so bittersweet. My heart is just bursting with love for these far-away friends, with thankfulness for the opportunity to see them in person and give them big hugs, and spend a few precious moments with their kids (who will no doubt grow like weeds before I next see them.)

My only regret is that it’s not easier to visit more often, because these friendships enrich my life and my faith so much. I suspect there is direct correlation between how much I am blessed and how hard it is to say goodbye....

May God be with you - all my far-away friends - until our paths cross again.

No comments:

Post a Comment