Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Gee, thanks. No you REALLY shouldn't have.

I'm sure this never happens to you. Someone gives you a gift, and watches with anticipation while you open it. Whatever it is, you just umm... aren't that excited. (Remember Ralphie's bunny suit in A Christmas Story?) As I was saying, I'm sure this never happens to you. But I have not always been so lucky.

So today, I thought I had an experience like that. It was the office holiday party, big lunch, white elephant exchange, and a raffle for some door prizes. The gift cards were for Best Buy, Olive Garden, The Cheesecake Factory and a local grocery store. I won the first drawing, and you guessed it... it was the grocery store gift card. So, of course it's cool to win anything, but at the same time, I was thinking "what on earth could I get from a grocery store that is exciting?

... bananas?
... frozen dinners for a couple weeks? Then I wouldn't have to pack lunches for a while.
... give it to Grandma, she shops there?"

Then I realized...

Grocery stories sell tequila!

Suddenly I’m thinking I got the best gift of them all!

Margarita anyone?

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious! Of course you got the grocery store card. That kind of thing always seems to happen. Never the less, glad you are able to make margaritas out of grocery gift cards!!

    ReplyDelete