Sunday, November 9, 2008

Book: The Time Traveler's Wife (Re-read)

My second round of midterms was a bit less stacked than the first round, so during a break in the study schedule, I took time out last weekend for a book. I've read this book before, but somehow it didn't make it onto the blog, perhaps it's just been longer than I thought since I read it.

I don't read too many books more than once, but in a recent purging of the bookshelves, I knew I wouldn't be able to part with this one. The other half of the title character involuntary time travels, and the book explores the effect of life-meets-science-fiction on a marriage relationship.

Terrific writing and a fascinating narrative if you enjoy thinking about questions like, "What would happen if time travel was possible?"

On a side note, in a search to find what other books might be available from this author, I learned that movie rights were sold and filming took place this year for The Time Traveler's Wife. No release date yet, but the film stars Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana as the main characters Clare and Henry.

Thanks to Sarah in Elgin, who originally recommended this book!

The Time Traveler's Wife
by Audrey Niffenegger

No comments:

Post a Comment