Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday: Back to the Routine

Classes resumed today, and I was ready. I always freak out a little at reading all the lists of readings, projects, papers and exams that I'll be facing in the next few months. It always overwhelms me a little. At the same time, I didn't realize how much I had missed the routine of classes until I got in the car yesterday, loaded up my favorite podcast, and drove to school for the first day of the new semester. It felt comfortable and right. It felt good.

I'm not a newbie anymore. I got through the bookstore in about 20 minutes because I knew how to find the required books. I knew where to find my class. I know where to get cheap refills of coffee in my SDSU mug. I think I took more notes than anyone else in my class (what can I say, note-taking is a gift.)

Sometimes I'm tempted to say that my life is boring, usually at times when it feels routine and predictable. But it's good to remember that sometimes the routine is a blessing, too.

--
Originally posted at: http://rebeccasmiscellanies.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. I'm in class right now. This is our 4th meeting of the sememester. What took you so long?

    ReplyDelete