Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Who IS that girl?

Funny thing about change... you wake up one day and look in the mirror, and wonder "who IS that? Is that... ME? Really?"

Well yes, actually, it is me.

I blogged last month about making some changes in 2008, and I've just completed the first item on my checklist: placing a book order on amazondotcom. Yes, I hope you're suitably impressed. "Your big new goal is to do more online shopping?" Maybe it will clear things up if I tell you what I ordered: a GMAT study guide.

A what?

It's like this: I've decided to go back to school, and I have to pass the GMAT test to complete my application. The test runs a whopping $250, so the $30 I just forked over for a study guide seems a prudent investment. At that test price, I'd prefer to pass on my first attempt. This could be entertaining as it's been a few years since I was an active participant in any studying or test-taking.

Taking the test is the tip of the iceberg, however. Assuming I pass the GMAT and am accepted to graduate school at San Diego State, I may start classes as soon as September. Six months sounds like a long time, but before I can start classes I will need to both find a new job and relocate. So that's a lot of change, and honestly, it’s got me a little freaked out. But more than that, I’m really excited. I’ve always wanted to go back to school, it’s making my day whenever I complete something that is helping me make this dream a reality.


This post dedicated to one Sharp guy who boldly made a change this week. Here's to you!

3 comments:

  1. I like this girl :-). Way to take such a big step!!! I'll be praying that God will make your path straight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.

    I can tell you from experience that that first paper when you start school again is wierd to write.

    but seriously, i'm really happy for you.

    ReplyDelete