Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Cost vs. Benefit

I'm two days away from taking the GMAT to get into grad school. That big orange book is getting a bit dog-eared, and I've got more math formulas swimming in my head than I have since high school final exams.

I'm remembering that feeling that used to come over me at finals time: with limited hours to study, how to realize the greatest benefit? If three hours of study are likely to increase my grade by 10% in one class but by 25% in another, and I have only 4 hours total to study... how should I divide the hours? Obviously I've been reading too many word problems. But if you know how fast Susie can get from city A to city B given that her hybrid gets 53 mpg and is yellow, give me call!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Rebo. Just the thought of studying, makes me cringe (and all those word problems) - so betta you then me! I know you will do well though.

    ReplyDelete