Saturday, April 12, 2008

Super Cool

It's no secret that I'm a big fan of Starbucks. I do try to limit my consumption since my favorite beverages usually do run pretty close to the “fourbucks” nickname for the place. Not only is the coffee great, but these people are brilliant marketers and their sense of style and design is fabulous. Every time I walk in there, I want to buy one of the cute new mugs on display! And for a while, I saved my used-up Starbucks cards because they had such cool designs on them.

Around Christmas, they rolled out this new program where you can go online and design your own Starbucks card. Of course, I thought this was the coolest thing EVER, and immediately wanted one. REALLY wanted one. So, naturally when I received one as a gift last week, I was VERY excited. I blabbed about it to anyone who would listen, most of whom looked at me like I had 2 heads (one of which was clearly insane) and failed to see how “cool” and “fun” it was to create your own card. I did not let their enthusiasm dissuade me. I ordered my card and it arrived yesterday.

I designed it with a quote about friendship, because when I use it, I want to remember the sweet, thoughtful friend who gave it to me. Thanks, Sherri! I worked with Sherri at my last job, and I will miss her a LOT!

“The only way to have a friend is to be one.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

  1. how do you like the new pike's place blend? jane and i tried it today and we thought it was pretty good. julia likes chewing on the cup cover....

    ReplyDelete