Monday, April 14, 2008

Under the Wire

I have a love-hate relationship with deadlines. I love them because sometimes they will light my fire and get me motivated when I most need to be. I hate them because they are nerve-wracking, especially when something important is on the line. Like a grad school application.

My plan was to hand-deliver my application today, and my plans were postponed due to circumstances outside my control. (No, really, completely not my fault!) Thankfully, tomorrow is the actual deadline, so I can reschedule my delivery until then with no dire consequences. I just was hoping to be DONE today, so I could be rid of the gigantic knot in my stomach.

Some people get this way about taxes... which I do not since I started using software to finish mine. I'm just glad I'm getting a refund! And as I mailed mine return today, I thought (for the Nth year in a row): Since I'm getting a refund, why didn't I make the effort to send my return before every other procrastinator in the country showed up at the post office??

No comments:

Post a Comment