Sunday, October 21, 2007

Books, books, books!

A little note to preface my next, and other future, posts...

When I started my blog, I was considering one that was primarily about books I read. Then I decided on the name "Rebecca's Miscellanies" because I figured now and then I'd want to write about other things too. As it turns out, I haven't written about any books yet, so it's probably good that I didn't start this blog with the title "Rebecca's Bookshelf" (not to mention that name was already taken.)

My musings on books are in some way just so I can keep track of what I read and what I liked (or not!) about it. Also, because I was a bit curious how many books I actually read. My thoughts may not be of any interest to you, so feel free to read them or just pass on by.

On the other hand, if you have a book you’ve really enjoyed, I’m always looking for something new for my nightstand, so please feel free to pass on your reading recommendations.

1 comment:

  1. Recently, I've read Shadow of the Silk Road (a travel book that weaves info about the past into the author's stories of the present). I also read a novel called The Maytrees, Annie Dillard's meditation about love. I give them both an A+.

    ReplyDelete