The immediate danger seems to have passed - some brush on the property burned, but the fire department was there to put it out, and my dad monitored it all night to make sure nothing flared up. Now we wait, and hope that winds don't change and put the home in the path of the fire again. Mom and I will stay here in Temecula until we can go home, which could be a couple of days.
Estimates are that as many as 500 homes may have been lost already just in Fallbrook, so we are fortunate so far. The fire is still burning and difficult to contain due to the ongoing high winds, so it could be a while before the fire is contained and more homes could be lost. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!